January 06 2021
Back Britain's Coaches is a campaign created by CPT in collaboration with coach operators, to raise awareness and support for the coach industry which has been devastated by the Covid-19 pandemic. In this resources centre you can find materials to help you support the campaign and make the case for coach.
Social media graphics
The graphics highlight the many ways coaches contribute to an inclusive, thriving society and we encourage you to share them on your social media accounts. You can download graphics to use on social media by clicking the links below.
- Vital role of school transport
- Environmental credentials
- Keeping people connected (social inclusion)
- Employment figures
- Campaign image (white)
- Campaign image (blue)
- Coach tourism
- Home to school
- Coach holidays
- Staff reductions
- Reduced capacity
Email signature images
You can download the following email signature images and add them to your accounts in order to raise awareness of the campaign and to get others backing Britain's coaches.
Lobbying materials/template letters
Throughout 2020 we have produced various lobbying materials and template letters for you to use to support the campaign. We encourage you to use the resources when reaching out to your local MP and asking for their support.
- 11 February 2021 - Graham Vidler’s letter to Huw Merriman, Chair of the Transport Select Committee
- 11 February 2021 - Briefing document for local MPs on the future of the coach industry
- 9 February 2021 - download the letter produced by the School Travel Forum here.
- 6 January 2021 - CPT has written to schools minister Nick Gibb MP to ask him to intervene and encourage local authorities and schools in England to continue to make home-to-school payments. You can read a copy of the letter here. CPT has also produced a number 3 template letters that may be of use these can be downloaded below.
1. A letter to your local MP asking them to support CPT’s call for home to school payments to continue. (Please include our letter to Nick Gibb with this)
2. A letter to your local MP asking them for support in encouraging a school to continue to pay a private home to school contract.
3. A letter to your local school asking them to continue to pay a private home to school contract.
- 14 December - Coach industry letter to Rachel Maclean MP - add your signature
- 30 November - The following template letters can be sent to your Local Authority and local MP to ask for support to the Additional Restrictions Grant. Local Authority letter. Local MP letter.
- 5 November - The following template cover letter can be used to support your application for the Additional Restrictions Grant – please do personalise it. Template letter for coach operators to LAs on leisure & tourism grants
- 5 November - Briefing for SME debate & Covid-19
- 15 October - Personalise the following template letter to highlight the plight of the coach sector in light of recent announcements of further lockdown restrictions across the country – UK coach support template letter
- 2 September - Personalise the following template letter to update your local MP on the issues facing the coach sector and urge them to protect the UK’s coach travel industry. It is also worth highlighting the actions you would like government to take – UK coach travel template letter.
- 29 July - Personalise the following template letters (available from the links below) in order to update your local MP on the current plight of the coach industry and the real risk of business failures and mass redundancies unless Government support is received. Plese select the letter that best details your current position: home to school, general coach operations
- 29 July - Click here to access CPT's recent and updated submission to DfT seeking urgent and vital support for the coach industry.
- Personalise this template letter (PDF version) and send to your local MP urging them to lobby Government for coach operators to be eligible to access the Covid-19 support package for leisure businesses.
Click here for CPT's initial policy paper submitted to DfT back in May.
For further information, please contact CPT's External Relations Manager, Tom Bartosak-Harlow.